A Course from Lean Kanban University
Kanban is a technique for managing the product development process in a highly efficient way. This course will show you how Kanban fits within the agile context and clearly demonstrates how it can complement your current ways of working – whether you work in an agile environment or not.
Lean-Kanban is a set of practices and principles that bring the benefits of Lean theory to organisations that use technology in their development and/or operations work. Benefits include establishing a manageable workload based on the team’s capacity, on reducing disruptions and delays, on creating greater alignment across an organisation, and on building a culture of engaged workers who have the ability to bring positive change to their work. The Kanban method focuses on making incremental, iterative changes that evolve business processes into more efficient and manageable work streams while avoiding the risks associated with complex changes.
As the world realized the benefits of lean, one software development methodology grew in popularity for its lean ideology and capacity to bring in business benefits and excellence—Kanban. This popular workflow method has now been adopted by software teams and businesses to manage projects, irrespective of their size, and help ensure easier changes, manage workflows, support problem solving and risk management and promote collaboration between stakeholders and team members. Its combination with Scrum offers potent Agile benefits that will help in long term realization of goals. The Kanban Management Professional Training will help you grasp all the fundamentals of this method and help you implement its processes and concepts for project success.
These Kanban training courses are conducted by to accredited Trainer with many years’ Agile training and consulting experience.
- Systems Thinking
- Work Item Types
- Classes of Service
- Establishing Policies behind the work to assist your teams delivery
- Get Kanban game simulation
- Kanban system mechanics and indicators
- Commitment Point(s)
- Lead Time
- Capability vs Deliverability: Cumulative-Flow Diagrams
- Introduction to the STATIK method.
- Evidence-based case study behind The Kanban Methods design.
- Genesis of Kanban case study.
- Understanding the context to understand the need for change.
- How “Demand Analysis” assists shaping the change.
- Visualizing the workflow that exists.
- Discovery of, and decomposing the design behind Classes of Service.
- Cadences: Delivering and Replenishing to sustain and nourish the flow of work.
- Establishing a Kanban system visualization you can use immediately.
- Managers and team members who want to implement or improve their existing Kanban processes and CIO’s, department managers, line managers, team leaders, project managers, technical leaders, and engineers will find this course useful.
There are no prerequisites to attend this workshop. But attendees should be familiar with the Kanban Method and a conceptual overview of the full “alternative path to agility.” Course participants are encouraged to read the book Kanban by David J. Anderson or Kanban from the Inside by Mike Burrows.
From the Course:
- Understand the core principles of Kanban and how it improves software development
- Learn how to design a Kanban system into your existing process and maintain it
- Understand how to use Kanban systems to improve service delivery and offer better customer focus
- Learn to maximize benefits of the Pull-based workflow, limit Work In Progress (WIP), ensure multitasking and collaboration
- Learn concepts through case studies, interactive role play, exercises and discussions
From the Workshop:
- 2-day course conducted by certified instructor
- Simulations and role-play based coaching
- Completion Certificate issued by Lean Kanban University
- Membership in LKU and listing in the LKU Alumni Directory
- Digital download of David Anderson’s book
- Two case studies based on trainer’s real-life experience